List of islands and archipelagoes of Spain. We compare prices for rental cars on most of the islands. Book a rental car on an island like the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands and popular islands such as Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Minorca, La Gomera, Ibiza, Majorca, La Palma, Tenerife. There is also information about sights, places, destinations and popular destinations as well as how to get around the islands. Tips for trips between islands via ferries. Archipelagoes like Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Roques de Anaga, Chinijo Archipelago, Cíes Islands, Chafarinas Islands, Ons Island, and Formigues Islands.
Spain is a country located in southwestern Europe that is home to several islands. Some of the most well-known islands in Spain include:
- Mallorca: Mallorca is the largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago, located in the Mediterranean Sea. It is known for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and charming villages.
- Tenerife: Tenerife is the largest of the seven Canary Islands, located off the north-west coast of Africa. It is known for its warm climate, beautiful beaches, and Mount Teide, the highest peak in Spain.
- Ibiza: Ibiza is one of the Balearic Islands, located in the Mediterranean Sea. It is known for its lively nightlife and beautiful beaches.
- Menorca: Menorca is another of the Balearic Islands, located in the Mediterranean Sea. It is known for its beautiful beaches, charming villages, and quiet atmosphere.
- Gran Canaria: Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands, located off the north-west coast of Africa. It is known for its diverse landscape, including sandy beaches and mountainous terrain.
The Balearic Islands are an archipelago in the Balearic Sea, near the eastern coast of the Iberian Peninsula. The archipelago is an autonomous community and a province of Spain. Its four largest islands are Mallorca, Formentera, Menorca, and Ibiza. Many of its minor islands and islets are close to the larger islands, including Dragonera, Cabrera, and S’Espalmador. The official languages of the Balearic Islands are Catalan and Spanish.
The Canary Islands, also known informally as the Canaries, are a Spanish autonomous community and archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, in Macaronesia. The seven main islands are Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Palma, El Hierro, La Gomera, and Fuerteventura. The archipelago includes many islets and smaller islands, including Roque del Este, Alegranza, Isla de Lobos, Montaña Clara, Roque del Oeste, and La Graciosa. The Canary Islands, like Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, and Lanzarote are a major tourist destinations.